Office work can cause postural problems and pain over the years, especially in the shoulders and neck. Hardware manufacturer Logitech is now bringing the comfortable, particularly ergonomically shaped Ergo K860 keyboard onto the market, which promises general relaxation. The Office work is not a backbreaking job. However, even minor bad posture when sitting and typing over long periods of time can cause your shoulder and neck muscles to become tense over time. In harmless cases, the consequences can be limited to tension, muscle pain or headaches, but in the worst case scenario, it causes back pain and herniated discs.
Aside from active work breaks, regular exercise and exercise, you can also use suitable hardware to ensure that your office job does not become a health risk. For years, in addition to ergonomically designed office chairs and tables, computer mice and keyboards have been offered to help prevent postural damage.
Ergonomic: The Logitech Ergo K860
Hardware manufacturer Logitech has also been developing ergonomic hardware for several years and is now presenting its latest product: The Logitech Ergo K860 keyboard. Its curved design and the PerfectStroke key system, with which the usual layout is divided into two halves, ensure an optimal hand position that hovers slightly above the keyboard when typing. The wrist rest, padded with memory foam and covered with fabric, should also promote the most natural possible posture of the hands, wrists, fingers and forearms and thus relieve and relax the neck, shoulder and neck muscles while sitting and standing.
In addition, the Ergo K860 keyboard is Logitech Flow compatible. The Logitech Options software optimizes the data exchange between the keyboard and other connected Logitech devices, such as the Logitech MX Vertical Mouse, and is intended to help make your workplace even more ergonomic. You can already pre-order the Logitech Ergo K860 for around 120 euros, but also from various other retailers. The Ergo K860 keyboard will not be delivered until March 9th.
Logitech Ergo K860: Product details
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 233mm x 456mm x 48mm
- Weight: 1160 g
- Keyboard layout: QWERTZ
- Connection: Bluetooth 5.0 (Bluetooth support and keyboard HID required)
- USB receiver: USB-A port required
- Compatibility Bluetooth Low Energy: Windows 8, Windows 10 or higher, Mac OS 10.13 or higher
- USB receiver: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows10 or higher, Mac OS 10.13 or higher
- Supported connections: 2.4 GHz USB receiver, Bluetooth low energy technology
- Supported Software: Logitech Options on Mac OS 10.11 and higher and Windows 7 and higher
- Battery type: 2 AAA batteries
- Wireless range: 10 meters wireless range, wireless encryption
- Scope of delivery: Ergonomic keyboard, USB receiver, 2x AAA batteries, QSG
- Manufacturer Warranty: 2 year limited hardware warranty