Together with Western Digital (WD) called COMPUTERBILD product test of network storage My Cloud Pro Series PR2100 with 4 terabytes of storage (569 euros). In their application, readers should indicate what they need their own cloud. One common reason was to store private data in its own network with reliable protection against data loss and spying. Then the lot decided: ten happy applicants each got a My Cloud Pro Series home. And there the readers tested all functions extensively.
This is what the product testers say
Whether music and film streaming or access to your data from the road: A network hard disk, also called NAS (for "Network Attached Storage", meaning "network connected memory") has many advantages:
- Installation: A children's play according to reader Ralf Mandler: "LAN cable with Fritz box connect, plug in, turn on, ready!"
- Operation: "The basic settings are easy and fast by browser," finds reader Dirk Hurzt. Also good: "Setting up multiple users for the Western Digital network hard drive is absolutely no problem."
- Security: "The security against data loss is given by the RAID1 activated in the delivery state. Very interesting is the possibility to outsource a backup to a second NAS. I will probably still buy a second device to secure company data on the NAS in private households. Thus, these irreplaceable data are also protected against burglary or water damage, "says reader Thomas Tritschler.
- Streaming: "Neither in the WLAN nor via data line (LTE) there were rucker or other difficulties with the streaming. It worked perfectly even when driving, "noted Markus Giel.
- Cloud: For readers of Kai Nonnast, the WD as a cloud is very handy: "If my iPhone or iPad is in the WLAN, files are saved directly in the cloud. Through the WD app, I can specifically access pictures, videos and music. "
Five times best rating
With four and a half out of five possible stars, the My Cloud is doing well in the overall evaluation. For the categories equipment, setup, operation, streaming and processing, there were even five times best ratings - an absolute top value for a reader product test from COMPUTER BILD. No wonder, therefore, that all readers want to continue using their network hard drive beyond the test * . For more readers' opinions please read the following text section.
The COMPUTER PICTURE readers tested this
The ten more exclusive product testers of a WD My Cloud Pro Series PR2100 tested among other things these points:
- Tempo: How fast is the network storage?
- Noise: How loud is the WD drive in normal operation?
- Cloud: How well does the data transfer work with the free WD app "My Cloud" for iPhone or Android smartphones?
- Photos & Videos: How stable is the streaming of photos and videos from the WD network storage to different devices like smartphone or tablet?
- Operation: How easy is the WD disk integrated into your home network?
This is in the WD My Cloud Pro
Whether you're looking for a private room or a small business, the WD My Cloud Pro Series PR2100 lets you store, share, and share almost any file type (office, photo, or video) anywhere in the world. Thanks to reliable security, the WD My Cloud Pro Series is perfectly suited as a data center. An Intel Pentium N3710 quad-core processor with 1.6 GHz and 4 GB of RAM provides for the liquid operation of the network storage. Convenient: Use the copying button on the front of the WD hard drive to back up all data from an external USB device with just one touch button on the My Cloud Pro Series. And with the WD SmartWare Pro software, you automatically save all content from a PC to the WD My Cloud Pro Series PR2100. For simple data backup on a Mac, use Apple's Time Machine software.
* These readers are allowed to keep your WD network drive permanently: Simon A. from Herne, Thomas T. from Großbettlingen, Dirk H. from Nideggen, Michael F. from Hamburg, Ralf M. from Weitramsdorf, Kai N. from Cuxhaven, Steffen B. From Heldrungen, Markus G. from DürrroÅNhrsdorf-Dittersbach, Rolf-Peter R. from Rostock, Manfred H. from Hartmannsdorf